Hotel gastronomic tour Rome
Luxury on the River is a perfect Hotel for a gastronomic tour in Rome because it is located in the center of the city and close to many restaurants and places where you can discover the best Lazio and Roman dishes ever.
The facility is on the Lungotevere Mellini. From here we can walk to many locations that allow us to discover the authentic flavors of the city.
Places to visit include Trastevere, Testaccio, Campo de Fiori and Jewish Ghetto. It is here that we find the historic trattorias.
Hotels for gastronomic tour in central Rome
Our gastronomic tour begins with the great classics of Roman cuisine:
- Pasta alla Carbonara, made with simple and popular ingredients capable of conveying intense flavor. With spaghetti or rigatoni;
- Bucatini alla gricia / amatriciana: guanciale of Abruzzo origin and Roman pecorino cheese are the basis of gricia. In Amatrice tomato was added and amatriciana was born;
- Trippa alla romana: another cult dish of Roman cuisine, with different parts of the bovine stomach cooked with gravy and a few mint leaves;
- Spaghetti cacio e pepe: a signature dish of Rome, the preparation of which is synonymous with art;
- Abbacchio scottadito: quick grilled for a dish that is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside;
- Carciofi alla giudia: a dish of Jewish origin with mammola artichokes fried in boiling oil;
- Saltimbocca alla romana: slices of veal stuffed with prosciutto and sage;
- Coda alla vaccinara: calf's tail is cooked in the sauce slowly. The result is a very tender meat for one of the most authentic dishes of Roman cuisine.
Hotels for food tours in Rome, street food
A true food tour cannot fail to take us to discover authentic Roman street food:
- Supplì al telefono: arancina with meat sauce and stuffed with mozzarella cheese;
- Pinsa: typical oval shape for a crumbly, highly digestible leavened dough made with wheat flour, rice flour, soy flour and sourdough;
- Porchetta sandwich: another street food cult. Try those from the fraschette in Ariccia and Castel Gandolfo;
- Codfish fillet: from the meeting of Roman and Jewish traditions comes a tasty dish prepared on Christmas Eve but now also available the rest of the year.
Choose Luxury on the River, Hotel for food tours in Rome.